If you have set TARGET SDK to 30+ on your Android APP and you are trying to test on Emulator or android device with Android 11+ (API 30+) then you will get an error No signature found in package of version 2 or newer for package.
This error No signature found in package of version 2 or newer for package is due to having your APK signed with v1. Android 11 no longer supports v1 signature, you need to have v2 signature at least to sign your APK.
- Enter Path to Android Build Tools and JDK
- Load APK that needs to be signed
- Load your signing KEY
- Enter Password
- Click Fetch Alias, to know if your password is okay
- Enter Key Alias
- Enter Alias Password
- Click SIGN,
- Wait Few seconds you will get a message and a new file will be created with the “_SIGNED” post title to file.
- Install this new file to the emulator or upload it to Google Play Store.
- My application Smart Messenger with Self Reminders on Google Play Store uses this new v2 signed version.
Watch a detailed and Step-by-Step guide to signing your APK with v2 and installing your target SDK 30 APK on Android 11 emulator: